« Home | Me & Yogi Berra » | Mea Culpa.. » | Six Feet Under Finale ClipWARNING - Spoiler!If you... » | Busy, Busy, Busy » | Photos » | Food and Shopping » | Some pictures from NYC » | so good they named it twice (and other clichés)... » | 5 weeks to go... »

Homeland - the feature

Just realised I never talked about the feature I worked on! It was called Homeland and was a kind of Romeo & Juliet story between a Palestinian girl and an Israeli boy set in NY.

It started out with me getting 2 days of work as a PA on the film through my bro, Dave. On the second day of the shoot - (which was actually a all night shoot at a bar in the 30's) - the Exective Producer / Writer approached me and asked if I was interested in doing wardrobe, as they had had 2 diff wardrobe people, the second of whom had to leave to go back to college, where he was studying catering.

Not really being a wardrobe person, but seeing a good opportunity, I said yes, and found myself dealing with continuity issues related to wardrobe where photos were never taken, or things were wrongly labelled. Neverless, I'm always one to rise to a challenge, so I managed to sort it out, deal with it, get on fabulously with all the crew, and have a really great experience over all.

Some highlights:
* meeting the guys from the production company and checking out their collection of swords
* having to be in New Jersey at 7 am
* going shopping for extra clothes for the Palestinian mother character in Patterson New Jersey. Now a very Palestinian area - restaurants, clothing shops etc - but previously it was the place where Rubin "Hurricane" Carter was arrested by the police for 'something that he never done'. I was a little worried, but luckily times seem to have changed in Patterson
*Hanging out with everyone from the cast and crew - silly jokes on set, a great wrap party.

So - it was not only a great experience and great crew, but it's led to other stuff too, and that's been fantastic.

My gawd, that is amazing! What an opportunity. Well done, girlfriend. I expect to see your name in major credits sometime soon :) Keep at it.

Post a Comment