« Home | Happy Birthday to me » | Se habla espanol » | Hair in the 'hood » | From 90 to 50 in 3 days » | Paris is Burning » | You win some, you lose some.. » | Lizards r us » | If teleporting were only possible » | Erratum » | Ceiling update »

Customer Service


An actual conversation I had on the phone this past week with a large electronics store... let's call it Tech Town

1st Call
Tech Town Operator: Hello, welcome to Tech Town, how can I help you?
Me: Oh hi, I need to exchange a photo printer I bought in the store yesterday..
TTO: I'll transfer you
sound of phone buttons being pressed; dead silence

2nd Call
Tech Town Operator: Hello, welcome to Tech Town, how can I help you?
Me: Hi - I need to exchange a printer..
TTO: I'll transfer you
Tech Town Guy: Computers
Me: I need to return a printer. It's the HPA516. I bought it yesterday; it doesn't work. I need to know if you have any more in stock because when I bought it it was the last one on the shelf.
TTG: Let me check for you.
Goes off to look, comes back, tells me the model number doesn't exist. I say it does I'm looking at a box. Eventually he discovers that it's for printing photos
TTG: Oh, it's for photos? You'll have to speak to the camera section. I can't tell you that from here.
(Note: I've been in the store - the camera section is 200 feet from the computer section)
TTG: I'll transfer you.
Transfers me back to the Operator
TTO: Hello, welcome to Tech Town, how can I help you?
Me: Can you transfer me to Cameras?
TTO: I'll transfer you
sound of phone buttons being pressed; dead silence

3rd call
Tech Town Operator: Hello, welcome to Tech Town, how can I help you?
Me: Can you transfer me to Cameras?
TTO: I'll transfer you
Me: Hold up. I've been cut off twice now when you've transferred me, so can you just make sure I get through?
TTO: Ok
transfers me through to the automated centre which directs me back to her

Hang up after 20 minutes incredibly frustrated

Seriously I hate customer service people,

Post a Comment