« Home | This is why I love New York » | All's fine & dandy until a tent comes crashing down.. » | I'm back beeyatches!! » | I'll post soon, I promise... » | I'm so proud » | More Overheard.. » | Homesickness.... » | Old School Heroes » | Conspiracy... » | Pride cometh before a fall.. »

All in a day's work

I finished a job recently, and the weather has started to turn cold - first snow yesterday.. brrrrr... So I've spent a lot of the last week cleaning up my room, making space and putting away all of the stuff from the last few jobs.

I found something during the clean up that I want to share.

Most people in a film crew work long stupid hours and get very little thanks and/or recognition for it. So it's nice to occasionally get a bit of praise, a thank you note, something that just says hey - we know you worked your arse off, and we just wanted to say thanks.

On the last big job I worked the producers and the director often noticed when our team had done a good job, and that was actually a nice change from some other things I've worked on. But on that big job, after filming on location, we got a fax from some of the people we'd worked with there, and it made our day..

Dear [Tigertail],

just wanted to thank you once again for an interesting day. You, [Fred], [John], your staff, your crew are unbelievable people. We've had all kinds of characters come through this place, some certifiable nuts. You helped restore our faith in humanity. You screwballs were professional, courteous, and some of the nuttiest bastards we've ever met. Everybody loved you. You folks are welcome at our joints any time. You can film here any time you want. On a more personal note I just want to tell you that you're my all-time favorite Aussie, beating out that bum Paul Hogan. Good luck, and don't be a stranger.

With Love,
[Steve], [Bob], [Sue] and all the staff of [No Name]


Sometimes being called a "nutty bastard" can make you smile..

That's sweet.

Funny how lil words of appreciation can go such a long way, at work, in relationships, in life...

Good on ya!

Btw if i come to New York, does this mean we get to hang out with movie stars??

they keep going on and on about the nutty don't they.. :)

xx

@ Cranky - if you come to NY, we can hang out with stars I work with! Unfortunately the last job I worked on, all the stars were kids 12 and under, and one of the commercials I did, well all the stars were vegetables.. I kid you not!

@ Kimba - yeah yeah, but they meant my co-workers more than me in regard to nutty. The "restoring our faith in humanity"? That was all me ;^)

ahh Ness....kid veggie stars sound adorable!

Post a Comment