« Home | Sugar & Spice » | All in a day's work » | This is why I love New York » | All's fine & dandy until a tent comes crashing down.. » | I'm back beeyatches!! » | I'll post soon, I promise... » | I'm so proud » | More Overheard.. » | Homesickness.... » | Old School Heroes »

Pho & Photography

The pho was ok - not the best I've ever tried, but not awful either.But then I went to MOMA (for free thanks to a good friend and her special work connections - thank you!) and saw some great stuff, including some amazing sculpture by Martin Puryear and some great photography by Garry Winogrand including this great work New York 1963


I just love the way everyone is looking at the walrus, and s/he's looking at the photographer like "oi, you! whaddya think you're looking at?"









The Martin Puryear sculpture Ladder for Booker T. Washington is hung from the gallery ceiling in the attrium. All of his work is monumental in size, and spans several floors of the gallery as it ascends the wall. You can see it here in my photo.












There were a lot of other great works too, including Roni Horn's Some Thames and Allan Mccollum's The Shapes Project, which you can see my photo of here.

A pretty enjoyable day, and after yesterday's visit to the International Centre for Photography to see their amazing current exhibitions focusing on the Spanish Civil War, it's been a very arty week!




1st photo is copyright Garry Winogrand, but the other 2 are my own and are copyrighted.

pretty cool....(i sould like a teenager!)

Nah.. you just sound excited! Better than me - I'm officially boring (see post above). ;^)

Post a Comment