« Home | Very Superstitious.. » | News from home - A shameless strip for trip to the... » | You win some, you lose some part 2 » | Article 25. Universal Declaration of Human Rights » | Customer Service » | Happy Birthday to me » | Se habla espanol » | Hair in the 'hood » | From 90 to 50 in 3 days » | Paris is Burning »

work work work work work work work

Conductor, as rap music blares through speakers: Yo, this is a shout-out to all my niggas keepin' it real on the 1 train. Takin' the 1 to the Bronx at four a.m. -- that's gangsta, son!

--Bronx -bound 1 train
Overheard In New York

It's not quite 4 am when I return home from work on the 1 train, and I'm only going to Harlem - not as far as the Bronx, but I have been working crazy hours on an independent feature... Crazy, stressful, but good - really like the people and the work is challenging and interesting.. and so once again - if I owe you an email I apologise. Had managed to get them down to one page and was all ready to respond to everyone when I got this job - email inbox currently at 197 and counting..

So no great insight from me - just wanted to assure people I'm alive and haven't forgotten them.. Got a text from a friend back home checking I hadn't fallen under a train.

Speaking of trains, have to share something I've been thinking about for a while. Often, when a subway train pulls away from the station, something to do with the tracks, or the brakes or I-don't-know-what creates what sounds like 3 musical notes being played. Those 3 notes are the first 3 notes of Somewhere from West Side Story - the "there's a place" notes... It's happened far too many times to be a strange coincidence.. Maybe this is where Leonard Bernstein got his inspiration from?

Tried to demonstrate to a friend one night, but of course it didn't happen then...

Hope you're all well out there, and are eating a little better than me at the moment.

That's a very happy announcer, though I confess I do get a smile in my face when the train driver says, "Good Morning folks, welcome to another day.'

Glad your alive & Kicking!

I'm surprised he got away with saying the N word and no one reported him. Guess the people riding the train at that time of the morning don't really care.

Hope things get back to normal soon. This had better be IMDB-worthy!

Post a Comment