« Home | Lies and Damn Statistics » | Pho & Photography » | Sugar & Spice » | All in a day's work » | This is why I love New York » | All's fine & dandy until a tent comes crashing down.. » | I'm back beeyatches!! » | I'll post soon, I promise... » | I'm so proud » | More Overheard.. »

Home is in every moment...

Many people have asked me where I feel more at home - Sydney or New York - or whether I feel that New York is my home now.

Sydney will always be home to me because I belong to the land and the ocean there, but I have felt at home in many places around the world.

For those of you who don't know me so well, I've left Australia 12 times to travel all around the world. And I've been out of the US twice since I've been here. Sometimes those journeys were short and close by, other times they were much longer. Sometimes I stopped for a while and put down some roots before moving on again and a few times it felt like I'd barely scratched the surface, no matter how long I'd been there.

In some respects it feels like home can be found in so many places that I carry in my heart and in my memories.

I saw this today, and for me it really encapsulated how I feel about home, and about travel, and I wanted to share it with you.