« Home | I'm back beeyatches!! (Mark II) » | Or, better still, watch it » | This is what Hope and Change look like » | Finally, we are Sorry... » | My Fellow Australians.. » | Home is in every moment... » | Lies and Damn Statistics » | Pho & Photography » | Sugar & Spice » | All in a day's work »

It's been a long time...

Long time coming, long time since I've written, long time since I've been home...

And although I've been slack and haven't emailed or written on my blog in a while, it doesn't mean I've forgotten people or haven't missed you all - I just rarely get a chance to sit in front of my computer to do anything non-work related.

On a side note, I mean slack in the Australian sense of the word, not the Carribean version:
Slack (Australian) - lazy, but not deliberately so
Slack (Carribean) - kind of slutty, man-stealing

This caused great confusion and hilarity when I mentioned how slack I'd been to some of my friends over here.


But I've just bought a ticket to Sydney for a visit, my first since moving here, and I'm very excited! I'm going home next week for 3 weeks. Two very good friends are getting married, and I'm looking forward to celebrating with them.

I'm also looking forward to catching up with all my fantastic people back home - friends, family, old work colleagues.. And seeing 2 cousins born since I left..

I'm starting a list of other amazing things I want to do:

(a) go to my beach and swim in the ocean
(b) eat at Tetsuyas
(c) go to the fish market and eat all the fresh seafood I can handle
(d) eat really good Thai, Vietnamese and Cambodian food that tastes authentic and not watered down for American tastes
(e) walk out on that new glass platform thing they've attached to Centrepoint tower - or maybe not - walking on a transparent surface attached to the highest building in the city maybe not such a good idea
(f)buy "The Late Show", "Monkey", "Blue Murder" and "Best of the Chaser" on DVD
(g) go to the Korean baths
(h) visit all my old haunts


I'm still adding to the list...

It's also the opportunity to clear the slate - I'm currently archiving 1000 emails related to the last two films I worked on, and archiving old personal emails I never managed to respond to. I'm hoping I can catch up with people and we can go from there. Start anew with me not being a slack-arse (Australian version).

I can't wait...

Now I just need to finish up this film and I'm out.. currently on location tying up loose ends...


One week to go!